Monday 27 June 2016

#6 - Sunday Million FT!, Moving Up Stakes, Week 2 Results/Pics

Hey guys! I am pretty happy to be typing up week 2's results, however I am running on fumes right now as I didn't get finished playing my Sunday session until about midnight... And then proceeded to go out for pizza and a couple beers with some of my best Rosa buds, J-dawg and J-Rich, and didn't get to sleep until about 3am and was up to attend BBZ's coaching session at 6am. So that's 18 hours of poker followed by 3 hours of sleep. Phew!

I got 4th in the Sunday Million on Stars for $62,212 - good for my 2nd biggest career cash. It feels REALLY good. Not just because it was a big score, but because I have been struggling and grinding very hard for 2 years with no big scores and was on a big downswing due to getting crushed at the high stakes games. My win rate has been fine throughout the struggle, but my graph was still headed south. I was 1/4 with a big lead and lost KK to AK for all the chips, but this score still managed to capture back all of my losses and put me at my career-profit peak. $175,000 would have made for a better story, but I am very happy with the result. I ran very well to get to that point and the big bad beat didn't make me lose sight of that. So what now, what about the bankroll challenge? Yeah, good question.

I am going to move up stakes quicker than expected, but still keep the backbone of the challenge in place and continue to grind my way up the stakes systematically. I have played 1500 micro SNG's so far and am running really bad, but have profited about $600 nonetheless. The games are amazingly soft and I doubt the next level will be tough whatsoever. So the plan is to continue playing a lot of SNG's $15 and under and get back to playing quite a few MTTs as well. I do not want to reintroduce a lot of variance just because I had a score. Let's be honest - the Poker God's just rewarded me for grinding hard at low stakes and getting in shape, right guys?! So if I continue on this path of progress then The God's will reward me again, right guys?! Also, I am determined to create a solid curriculum for my students with this method and the value there is hard to measure, but I believe it's significant.

T25 went well again last week, I am still very out of shape cardio wise, but I am getting better each day. I have had several days where I wanted to skip the workout after a long day of poker, but managed to make it happen every day. I will be getting day 1 of week 3 done sometime later today after I get some sleep. We are also all settled into the new house, and decided to not switch grind rooms. There are some upgrades left to do but otherwise we are all set and loving our new surroundings. I am anxious to host my first student here in a couple weeks and really put all of this into motion. I will get some pics up once upgrades are in place. I have been doing a lot of one-on-one coaching with guys for $75/hour the last week, but my interest is mostly to find guys to coach and mentor in return for a percent of their winnings. I have found a few already, but have not started that process yet. It's all still in the developing phase, everything is new right now and i'm being methodical with everything, not rushing anything.

I'll keep it short as usual - attached are some pics from the week. As always, thanks for reading and for all the support I have received recently. You guys rock. I hope some of you see this first picture as motivating. I am motivated by it. I just went through hell to get here. Now I am here and feel like it's likely to only be up from here. Hard work pays off and running bad can't last forever.

I will update after my first few sessions at the higher stake SNG's. TBC.



                                                       Profit graph since turning pro in 2008




                                                             Withered SNG results so far

                 
                                                           The Lobby of The Million


                                             Trimming down nicely before adding muscle



3 comments:

  1. why would u increase stakes anyway?? a $215 buy-in has nothing to do with your challenge. See u at the 3's as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. the challenge was not SNG's only. It was always based on including mtt's that were within my buy-in range, and I stated that I would always include the SM. Even if I disregard the SM score, I had about a $1700 bankroll and playing 7s/8s/3rs is sorta reasonable with that amount. But technically speaking, yes the $215 buy-in has a lot to do with the challenge, as does every other MTT I play. But I didn't want to just end the challenge because I accomplished it so early, so yeah, the party goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. daythammynet
    Class College Education training Beauty teaching university academy lesson  teacher master student  spa manager  skin care learn eyelash extensions tattoo spray

    ReplyDelete