Tuesday 7 June 2016

#1 - The Start Up

Hey guys, it's been a long while since my last blog entry and I am enjoying the feeling I have as I get going again. I won't get much into what I have been up to, no one cares about that. Let's talk about what's important.

I am chasing two of my passions everyday, which are to compete in poker games and to teach others to compete in poker games. I am living in Rosarito, Mexico, just south of the US border in Southern California. I have a house on the beach and live with my roommate, our two girlfriend's and my nearly ten year-old Pitbull, Rocky.

Since I was a young man, I have always known that I am chasing something bigger than winning a lot of poker profit, and I still haven't figured out exactly what that is, but I am making progress. Without expanding too much on that, I am accepting students and have room available in my house for you guys to come learn here with  me in person, and see how I do things - or just enjoy a poker-vacation on the beach. I am looking for people who share the same mindset and passion's I have to build long-lasting, fruitful friendships and partnerships with. I want to build a network, travel the world, and do all sorts of great things that everyone else wants to do. I'm normal I guess.

Lately, I find myself craving challenge - and more importantly, a little pressure. I perform well under pressure and it's been a while since I felt challenged and pressure at the same time. So, my creative mind told me to step out of my comfort zone and do something to cure my cravings, and I have decided to do a poker-based bankroll challenge. I am going to do this and document it nearly every step of the way, my mind is made up. However, to make it more interesting, I am accepting up to $1k of action against for this. Here is the bet format:

$1k starting bankroll, no reloads allowed, FPP's are in play

I must only play games with a buy-in of $22 or smaller. However, if I win a satty into a bigger event, I am allowed to play the bigger game.

Only games on PokerStars will be considered part of the bet.

I have 2 months to turn $1k into $5k, starting Monday, June 13th and ending August 13th.

That should be pretty clear-cut, but if anyone needs clarification and wants to bet, please reach out to me on Skype or Facebook or Tiltbook or Twitter.

I will be looking forward to the challenge and the process of documenting the 2 months here in my blog, as well as on TiltBook and other various social media vehicles - with or without any prop bets in place. I won't only be posting poker related content, but also other life-related things that are going on with me and around me.

This 2 months of documenting not only my poker grind, but my life, will be the start of something lasting. I am certain my network will grow, my skill set will be upgraded, and many other positive, long-lasting changes will occur as a result of this challenge. I am plenty self-motivated and am setting out to prove something to myself, so by no means need a prop-bet to carry this out. But again, if you want to put your money against me, I will gladly accept the extra pressure :)




No comments:

Post a Comment