Monday 20 June 2016

#5 - One Week Results, Week Two Plans, Pics

Hey guys! Man, what a week. I am freakin exhausted. It was a very productive week however and I can look back and be proud of the work I put in and the results I got. But there is plenty of room for improvement, that's for sure.

I will start with poker. I used the first week to sorta experiment different things, such as what games do I want to play, what hours do I want to play, how many tables do I want to play, which HUD setup do I want to use, what time I want to exercise, what to eat and when to eat it, etc. I don't have it all figured out yet, but I do know that 180-man and 45-man tournaments will be my grind for the next few weeks. I have been playing anywhere between 12 and 20 tables at a time, and I think I will aim to average 14 this week. I felt like I was making too many mistakes to justify 20-tabling, but small samples make it hard to tell for sure what my win rate and ROI actually is right now. I will have a good idea where i'm at after 4000~ games played, anything before that and 180-man variance is pretty relevant. So far my win rate is a respectable 10bb/100 after 38,000 hands played. I expect that to rise slightly, but I think 10 per 100 is pretty reasonable for turbo formats. It will also help to know who the regulars are and build decent samples on them in my database, but once that happens I will be moving up stakes though. A good problem to have I suppose. Anyway, I am up nearly $300 at SNG's but took a small loss at Sunday MTTs after buying 28% of a small schedule and mostly bricking. Bankroll is about $1250 now not counting FPPs. I expect to run better this week and have a $2k bankroll after the 2nd week of play. I gotta admit, I am having fun doing this. I thought it would be brutal grinding so low, but I really am enjoying the process.

I also learned that I much prefer a light workout in the morning, and T25 in the afternoon outside with the sun shining - opposed to T25 in the morning before I play. And by light workout in the morning, I mean something very light just to get the blood flowing and fully wake me up, physically and mentally. T25 drains my tank temporarily and I want to enter my poker sessions with full attention and preferably a surplus of energy opposed to a potential fatigue. Also, most poker players who grind long hours are vitamin-D deficient, so doing my 25 minute workout in the sun is a good way to consistently get my daily dose of sun when I am cooped up in the house grinding most of the day. After 1 week I can see visible changes to my body, I am very sore, and I sleep like a baby. My metabolism is going nuts and all I want to do is eat. I had to talk myself into attaching a 1-week results pic because it feels sorta corny, but whatever. I will post a new pic each week, adding to my motivation to stick to my goals and produce results.

The food part has been pretty easy. No meat was not even difficult, but no dairy is a tough one for me. I am doing my best to eat as clean as possible and am making strides towards eliminating all animal products from my diet but it will remain a work in progress. Which reminds me, I failed on the no-alcohol for a week goal. I consumed alcohol on 2 separate occasions, but life rigged it to be that way. First, the NBA finals go to a historic game 7. Who goes to watch a game 7 at a bar with his roommate after a 13-hour Sunday grind and doesn't have a couple cold ones?! Also, I forgot to factor in my roommates girlfriend's birthday on Friday night, and that we were going out to Tijuana for the evening. So I had a couple beers to...ya know....be social. So both occasions = universe's fault, not mine. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

I have been coaching pretty regularly this week as well, an hour here and there for 5 total this week. All the sessions were 'Intro's', not much strategy talk. I am changing the way I approach coaching and feel that an hour intro will make the following hours much more valuable. Here are some of the topics I cover:

HUD's, Holdem Resources, Run It Once, Applications of NLH, BB/100 understanding, Variance, game selection/rake, identifying weak spots and capitalizing, are turbos good?, what is a MDF?, what is edge-passing?, where does ROI come from?, What I am learning to do better right now?, Limping, iso'ing limpers, Who do we want to play against?, Everything needs to be explainable. ICM - when is it important? How to study it., timing tells and game flow, mindset when grinding, how to maximize output and EV, building a network (quality over quantity), preparing for sessions, optimizing your grind's enviroment, what it means to hustle.

That's the exact list I covered in an hour with one of my new students. From there, things make more sense when they watch me play, or listen to me give explanations while reviewing hands. It also sends the clear message that a lot of your win rate is going to come from things you do away from the tables, and that crushing life is actually MORE important than crushing your opponents on the poker tables. I am excited to get my 'Bfizz Boot Camp' operation going again and include a lot more focus on what it takes away from the tables to be a 1%'r. There are hundreds of pro's who would win a lot more money if they mastered life away from the tables. I am one of them, but I am focused on eliminating life leaks and adding value as the days go by - not the other way around which seems to be the natural trend. Of all the top regs and big winners in poker, there are still the best and worst of them. Every edge counts when you are trying to be one of the best, and being healthy is simply a huge edge and grossly underestimated. The 1%'rs don't just crush poker, they crush everything. I don't know where I rank on the theoretical list, but I am determined to be a 1%'r.

This week's goals:

No alcohol
T25 every day
100+ games per day
eat less dairy products
finish reading 'Relentless'
coach at least 5 hours
review 150 shove/fold ICM spots
play at least 100 STT's (single table turbos)

It's 1:45 PM and I still feel like taking a nap, but I have 100+ games to play, T25 still left to do, and I need to read for an hour or so before bed. I have a one on one with my coach at 7am tomorrow morning and after that I will be playing 45/180 mans all day. I am thinking of what I need to do to better prepare myself for tomorrow's session, and spent time last night and most of today doing things to prepare for today's session. I am going to wrap it up here and start loading SNG's, and I will leave you with this great quote and a few pictures from the last week:

*Edit - It's now 5PM and I haven't played a single SNG yet. However, I did make a coaching ad in the twoplustwo coaching marketplace. Here is the link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/187/tournament-sng-poker-coach-listings/bfizz11s-mtt-sng-coaching-1615839/

"I don't make the big bucks because I talk. I make the big bucks because I EXECUTE." - Eric Thomas


                                                               The SNG journey so far


                                   Betty's Vegetarian Burger! Double all the veggies. It was amazing.

                                                 
                                      A smoothie every morning, with some variations of course


                                                  Lots of plates that look very similar to this


                                 Friday night in Tijuana, had to get a pic in front of the infamous HK


 My office isn't set up properly yet due to internet complications, but this temporary spot doesn't suck



                                     Not a drastic change, but I am only just getting started.


                                                                  While I play poker....

                                                 
                                                      Our 5 minute breaks from poker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment