Thursday 9 June 2016

#2 - New House, New me!

Sup guys? I am wrapping up a very long and productive day and feel like writing to unwind and organize my brain a bit. We moved into the new house and everything has been a little hectic lately, causing me to take several days off from poker to focus on the other important tasks. Moving is always more work than you expect it to be, speaking from A LOT of experience. Fun stat: I have lived in FOURTEEN different houses since my poker career started many years ago. 14. I am hoping to be settled here in this one for a while.

To go with the new and improved residence, I am also giving my lifestyle an upgrade. I have failed many times in the past when setting out to accomplish long-term goals that require a drastic lifestyle change, so I am going to give myself a better chance to accomplish my goals by making them short-term. Sometimes, all I need is to accomplish SOMETHING to really get me going in the right direction. And while I don't feel I am headed in the wrong direction, I certainly have room for improvement. So, here are 2 week-long goals I will be starting Monday morning (June 13th), the same day I start the low-stakes prop bet. I hope to make both of these last much, much longer than 1 week, but 1 week will be a great starting point.

1. Do T-25 + lift weights every morning before I grind, Monday - Saturday

2. Completely eliminate meat from my diet Monday-Sunday.

I will be using my blog and other instant-update social media sites to track my progress and results of not only the prop bet, but other goals and milestones that I set out to accomplish. If you aren't already, please give me a follow or add on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TiltBook.

Today was the first day to play any poker in the new house. I played a lot of games and a lot of hours and ran really poor for the first 9-10 of them. Then before I knew it, I was one-tabling the $33 Bounty Builder on PokerStars and ended up 1/9, then 1/3 only to end up busting in 3rd for about $3,600. No matter how big or small, a day saver is always welcomed. And perhaps a good omen, forecasting what is to come in the future here at the new casa.

Rocky is loving all the extra room to roam around, and I love watching him. The girls kitchen is no longer in the same room as my office, I have a pleasant beach view while grinding, and we are surrounded by a 12 foot brick wall. Parking my car in a garage is also a feeling I have not felt in a very long time, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until moving into this place. I think this is going to be a spot where I really blossom and take off in my poker career. That's the idea anyway.

I will keep it short because long blogs suck. Thanks for reading and please wish me luck with T25 and no meat endeavor..... it's not going to be easy or pleasant, but hard work to get desired results usually isn't described that way, right?





1 comment:

  1. I did T-25 too. I liked it and did not take much out of my day. It's good you took most of the meat out of your diet. It really is unnecessary to have it all the time. I do not eat red meat, and barely eat chicken or fish. I like vegetable and a little fruit, my stomach feels the best consuming more veggies.

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete