Friday 1 July 2016

#7 - P5's Article, SNG Upswing, WSOP Plans, Vegan Student Moving In

Hey guys. Once again I find myself happy to be updating my blog. It is a satisfying feeling, but also leaves me feeling even hungrier than before all of the recent success. I want MORE. Not more money, not more health, not more stuff....I don't know how to explain it, but I am searching for more good substance to make a part of my life. Friendships have blossomed, health and wealth are both on the upswing, my girlfriend is turning into a productive mini-me and everything is just falling into place ever since I started this blog. And I must admit, it feels REALLY good.

Since my Sunday Million score  I have been back at the SNG grind with a few more MTTs each session, just as planned. I am playing mostly $3r/$8 180 mans, and $7 45 mans. I will play at least 2k games at this level before moving up to the $15 180s. I am anxious for the weekend majors and really like the groove I have fell into since starting this Challenge. I have had great results so far after a very small sample since moving up stakes in the SNG's and am becoming more and more convinced that making $100k/year at SNG's alone is very possible for a top notch player. I think a lot of players will try to copycat the new approach I am taking after they see how much $EV I am soaking up each month.

A lot has happened lately, and even just today. My Sunday Million score combined with the recent Triple Crown and passing of the $3M for lifetime MTT cashes earned me a Feature Article on Pocketfives.com, which in a way is an accomplishment for most poker players including myself. It's such a personal game, we have to wake up and make it happen every day, we cant count on our teammates or anyone to play for us. It's sorta lonely in that regard, so having the support that I have behind me and knowing that you guys are following the action makes me feel like it's sorta a team game. I guess my point is that a little recognition feels good, because no one sees all the dirty behind-the-scenes grinding that goes on. These feelings are also probably one of the driving reasons why I like to teach and coach others, and have players who are sort of like my teammates. It takes the lonely factor out that a lot of players experience. Here is the link to the article:

Pocketfives Article

I just got off the phone and booked hotel rooms for Las Vegas in one week for the WSOP Main Event! This will be my 2nd career WSOP event, and my first was the 2010 Main Event where I made a deepish run into the money - and even scored a little time on the ESPN broadcast .... opening J2os from MP while we were hand-for-hand on the money bubble and getting shoved on by KK - Thanks ESPN, nice moment for me (not). Hoping to best that this year to say the very least. My roommate Lenballs1014 and our girlfriends are going with me. And Rocky, obviously. I am beyond excited and anxious to get there and play. And it will be a super cool time for our girlfriends, who have never been to Vegas before.

Last but not least, I just agreed to terms with a player for a coaching/backing deal and he is moving in as soon as I get back from the WSOP. His flight is already booked. It's a done deal. He is a long-time grinder and has played 100k+ SNG's profitably with tiny variance and more importantly, he is VEGAN!!! He's a really cool guy who has done a lot of travelling and is educated and has a good head on his shoulders. Lenny and I think he will fit right in over here and we are very excited about our new partnership and have big plans for ramping up his win rate and moving him into the same type schedule we play eventually. He is my new project and I am going to nurture the hell out of him and make sure he learns every in and out to crushing SNG's and MTT's for $100k+ per year. And, I am going to go 100% plant-based diet when I return from the WSOP with his help. I am beyond excited about everything going on right now and feel like I am riding a wave of some sort. Things just continue to fall right into place.

Like always, I will close with a SNG update picture and thank you for your continued support, the rails, the love and likes and everything else. It has been a fun ride since getting back to blogging and I am excited to continue on this path of growing, learning and prospering. I truly believe my Sunday Million score, the Pocketfives article, my new vegan protege, the WSOP main event opportunity, my network rapidly growing - I really believe that I attracted it all into my life. Yes, like The Law Of Attraction. One day not very long ago I just decided to make a bunch of moves. The next day, there were new moves to make, new opportunities. It's been like a snow ball ever since, growing more and more complex. Sometimes all you have to do is get started. I have believed in that since before I was 18. I was watching 'The Secret' dvd with bootcampers in 2009. I have had so many bad ideas and have failed over and over. No one cares, just keep grinding.



                                                    The SNG Journey so far...$50k here I come


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog posts, congrats on your big win. Good Luck in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello friend 'm william a pleasure to greet you 've been following since the day Jugu eun tournament 3.5 R 180 players and were sitting at my table I drew attention because you're a supernova and decided to look for you and tapeworms the many open tables from then you continue and your blog it found much hope I am from Colombia game since 2008 in PokerStars But I'm a pitrooster2 losing my nick is , my intention is to write is that I want you to help me a being like to go from being a failed Player Player ONU As winner is you 'll leave my contact wilper.24@hotmail.com if I can help I wish you luck in lso tournaments both live online As hugging brotherit found much hope I am from Colombia game since 2008 in PokerStars But I'm a pitrooster2 losing my nick is , my intention is to write is that I want you to help me a being like to go from being a player failed a UN As a winning player is you 'll leave my contact wilper.24@hotmail.com if I can help I wish you luck in lso tournaments both live online As hugging brother

    ReplyDelete